It’s Time for National Beer Day
Not to be confused with National Drink Beer Day (Sept. 28), International Beer Day (Aug. 1) or King Gambrinus Day (more on that below), today commemorates the beginning of the end of alcohol prohibition on April 7, 1933, when a law went into effect allowing the sale and consumption of beer with a lower alcohol content.
With the passage of the 21st Amendment months later, Prohibition was completely repealed on Dec. 5, 1933, now celebrated as the also-drinking-friendly Repeal Day.
“We celebrate it 365 days a year,” said Tim Costello, manager of 8 Degrees Plato in Ferndale. As such, they’re offering tastings of Clown Shoes, a Massachusetts brewery, today from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Few unusual beers that you can find the market are
1. Pizza Beer by Mamma Mia! Pizza Beer
2. Popcorn Pilsner by Sun King Brewing
3. Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale by Rogue Ales & Spirits
4. Banana Bread Beer by Charles Wells Brewery
5. Avocado Ale by Angel City Brewery
6. Key Lime Pie Beer by Short’s Brewing Company
7. Sriracha Hot Stout by Rogue Ales & Spirits
8. Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter by Willoughby Brewing Company
9. Wostyntje Mustard Ale by Smisje Brewery
10. Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout (Brewed With Bull Testicles) by Wynkoop Brewing Company
11. Smore’s Stout by Base Camp Brewing Company